Review Zagg Pocket Keyboard

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Aug 2, 2016.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

To relieve my ailing fingers and the sore skin of my thumbs, I got this (on a whim as usual).

IMG_5512.JPG

IMG_5513.JPG
    IMG_5514.JPG
    It weighs under 200 Gms (194) and is 85% the size of a regular keyboard.

Yes, the keys are not as tactile, as compared to a regular keyboard, but this can be carried easily in your bag.

Pairing via Bluetooth, it has different modes for Android and iOS devices. Has a built in ledge, that can be used to prop up Phablets, but not iPads (iPad Mini included).

Pairing is prettly straightforward, it has indications on the front that tell you what mode the keyboard is.

Battery life is decent, having to charge it once since purchase about a month ago.

photo_2016-08-02_06-44-09.jpg

Fully unfolded. It has a metal kick out back that props up the front. Not flimsy, but not the most inspiring as well. A lighter, stronger design could be implemented.

photo_2016-08-02_06-44-26.jpg

The Obi propped up for demo. The "ledge" does a more than suitable job of keeping the device in place and keeping it from slipping.

photo_2016-08-02_06-43-51.jpg

Micro USB port on the side for charging. The Keyboard powers up once you unfold it, and powers down when folded. Saves the hassle of having a physical switch/button.

photo_2016-08-02_06-44-32.jpg

Fully folded, in the hand. It's a slim enough profile to slide into one corner of the bag. And real flashy to take out somewhere :D

photo_2016-08-02_06-44-22.jpg

Comparing the key size to my regular Microsoft Keyboard. I managed 40-45 words per minute easily on the Zagg Portable Keyboard.

If you use your phone extensively for chatting or email, but don't move around a lot, this is an ideal device for you.

The deterrent of needing a proper flat surface to prop it up is there, however once you have it out and up, the time saved in typing and responding to emails/chats is well worth it.
  2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Some cons that I noticed with the keyboard -

Have to remember that you have to select fn + L for Apple and fn + A for Android. Probably some indicators on the keyboard would be useful.