The upgRAIDitis thread

Discussion in 'The Show Off Section' started by WingZero, Sep 5, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Got a Cocoon branded Cable/office organizer -

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

From L-R - USB-Micro USB cable, Headset for mobile phone, Mi band charger + USB female to Micro USB + another USB-Micro USB (Sony Headset charging) , The aux cable for the Sony headset and my faithfully running Panasonic earphones.

IMG_0549.JPG

All wrapped up. I decided against keeping the Lightning cable for the iPhone in here, since it's probably used the most. But I like the fact that each cable has a strap for itself, no bunching around in the bag I used earlier.
    BANHAMMER likes this.
  2. JD666

And a 2M cable for the iPhones in the house. -

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

The build quality of this cable is so superior to the stock cable that comes with the device that it's a shame. It's like the cheap version goes free with the device and if you want a quality cable, you need to shell out over 2000 Rs for it.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Rockfella: 346 Points (saar good 1) Nov 29, 2015
  3. Acroback

Acroback RAID Rookie

Long time no see folks. How are you guys?

Got a X-Pro1 with a 23mm f1.4 and 27mm f2.9 XF Fujinon lens. And I am keeping my t2i with all the expensive Canon lenses.

Why Fuji? I do not want to lug this DSLR across the states on any of the trips, it gets tiring. Plus I mostly shoot street/people/landscapes, so do not need blistering fast AF.

It will be replaced by Xpro2 in 2 months but this is a stop gap solution before I jump to new sensor and new tech from Fuji.

Also, fuji has a special place in my heart. My first ever camera was a Yashica film SLR with overdose of Velvia fujicolor film at age 12.

Time to relive the memories.
    MOZ and JD666 like this.
  4. JD666

Nice to hear from you. Where are ze pictures? Incidentally, I'm expecting some lenses to come in as well ;)
  5. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

The Fuji and Sony mirrorless range really have me intrigued, I'm still trying to decide if I want to make the jump, I'm not heavily invested in the Canon ecosystem but still on the fence.
  6. Acroback

Acroback RAID Rookie

I did not jump to Sony because, Zeiss lenses are costly. Plus Sony cameras do not appeal me. Fuji X Pro1, though is true rangefinder camera and it brought nostalgia back. I know it is a flawed camera, but with deep discounts due to imminent launch of Xpro2 in January, I just couldn't pass.

Plus, I have stoppped carrying my DSLR too much because it attracts too much attention from friends and family. Too many questions and I do not like it. XPro1 is a discreet camera, which looks like a old school film rangefinder. People do not notice it at all, so I can just worry about my own job and ignore the people. Add to this, reduction of weight and size. What not is to like? It is a huge plus.

Plus, I got the brilliant F23mm F2.0, F27mm F2.8 and a Rokinon 12mm F2.0 prime. All what is left is XF 35mm f1.4 and my prime collection is done. Unfortunately, I got lens before the camera :-/.
    For zoom I have a 70-200 F4 L IS and T2i combo, nothing beats 70-200 F4L IS in sharpness as of now in my collection.

Good luck on your hunt for a mirrorless camera.
    I chose because I want to re-learn, I am a bad hobbyist, time to learn it the hard way with a flawed camera I believe.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  7. Sunit JC

Sunit JC ActiveRAIDer

Welcoming the new Nexus with some Style ;)

DSC_0264.JPG

DSC_0265.JPG

DSC_0267.JPG
    JD666 likes this.
  8. JD666

Nice buy. How much?
  9. Sunit JC

Sunit JC ActiveRAIDer

30K for the X Style and 25K+old Nexus5 for the 6P.
    JD666 likes this.
  10. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

Congos Sunit. Please compare cameras of style and Nexus and give us an idea.
    JD666 likes this.
  11. JD666

^^ Yours is the X play? or X style?
  12. Rockfella

Mine is X play. I am assuming cameras on the style and play are same. I mean the lens and sensor. Btw how do we check that. The Nexus 6P has a 13.6 PM camera while X play has 21 :eek:
  13. JD666

Spec wise both Play and Style have the same camera. I think the post processing might be better due to the SD808 vs 615. So if there would be any difference, it might be there.
  14. Rockfella

Post processing? Speedy processing or better pics?
  15. Sunit JC

Sunit JC ActiveRAIDer

In daylight shots both of them produce identical images. So for casual users both are great. But the resolution of Style helps it and far away objects are much clearer and sharper. The 6P however destroys the Style when it comes to indoor shots and low light shots. Even with the auto night mode in the X Style the shots are nowhere near the images 6P takes (thanks to that large pixel size).
    BTW Android Authority gave the best camera smartphone 2015 award to Nexus 6P. So I think that says it all.
    Videos are also similar but the Style has digital stabilisation which produces amazing stable videos.
    But I'll say camera software on both of them suck. BIG TIME!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    JD666 likes this.
  16. JD666

better pics
  17. Rockfella

1.jpeg
    2.jpeg

Finally 8 GBs lol.
    JD666 likes this.
  18. JD666

Long time since I updated anything. Recent purchases include another Lego (Wall-E), an Apple Watch (42 mm Space grey), another DVR for the 'other' car - Transcend Drive Pro 200.

And a Samsung A3 (2016) model, in exchange for my Z3. First Samsung ever, like ever! Not a fan of Touch Wiz, but the camera and the snappy processor has me liking it.

And the fact that the A3 fits my hand and requirement with that 4.7 inch display. Quick reviews and threads coming up soon!
  19. Acroback

Acroback RAID Rookie