The most hilarious review of Window 8

Discussion in 'PC Hardware and Software' started by BANHAMMER, Jan 5, 2013.

Share This Page

1. theBanik

theBanik RAID Rookie

Very sad, without using a product you simply have no rights to make judgement calls. And I would rather say such statements are passed by Fanboys of the opposite camp. FYI, Windows Vista was an awesome OS. Faster than Win7. It was simply the negative hype around the product (maybe by people like you?) which made Microsoft to launch Win7.

Ofcourse on a desktop Win8's Metro GUI is a farce and useless, but everything else about it is almost like Win7 with the added bonus of speed and performance.

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Rockfella: 74 Points (Pure post) Jan 28, 2013
    Rockfella likes this.
  2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

And the master has spoken. I feel if you use some third party app to get the start (Albeit, I never used it anyways, I prefer Launchy much much faster), there is no negative side at all, however MS should have given the option to the users to have the start orb.

Other than that the Metro App platform is not that bad if you start using it, I am using ti for Email notifications, sports notifications, news, weather, tracking shows I watch, generating memes on the fly. It is actually useful if you get to using it, yes it could have been a bit more optimized for desktop, however it isn't MS that develops all the apps there, it is the community.

JD666 likes this.
  3. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

True, i read it has much faster wi+fi seeking/connecting speeds than 7 :handshake:

4. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

That is a rubbish argument. I have read and seen enough bad reviews not to try this product. Besides you quoted one of my posts which was directed against something else. What opposite camp? I have used windows Me for a long time, it was the most rubbish operating system I have ever seen. Vista was shit, I used it for a while and got frustrated. There were reports of vista having memory leaks floating everywhere on internet. Please don't point fingers making it personal. This thread is related to someone reviewed the Windows 8 with proper GUI design constraints: very academic review. I would take his words since he has used almost all operating system over a long period of time. Over last decade or so I have used pretty much all versions of windows released, most flavours of Linux, Android, Macintosh(for a good period of 7 months), FreeBSD and DOS. And conclusively only shittier OS than vista was windows longhorn.

Rockfella: 74 Points Jan 29, 2013
    Rockfella and JD666 like this.
  5. theBanik

theBanik RAID Rookie

Being a linux/unix user who has to keep tinkering the OS to make simple things work, you expect Windows to run smoothly as per your expectation without putting any effort?. Yes there were a few problems initially, some of which were resolved by updates and some of which needed some user efforts to get fixed. I am sure you do not have any aversion to putting in efforts to make a OS works the way you want. And calling the OP review to be "very academic review" is really hilarious.

Also I used Red Hat Linux 4 around 1999 and found out to be a very shitty OS, does not mean I will go and harp negative about every flavor of linux OS based on my experience 10 years ago. And if I do, then that makes ME and only ME look like a fool.

Oh and this is the internet, nothing here is personal BTW. I am just quoting a post by some1 whose viewpoint I do not agree with.

Rockfella: 74 Points Jan 29, 2013
  6. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

When I tinker with my OS, I have source available at my disposal. With windows, that is not the case. The smoothing of OS depends on updates released by microsoft, there are so many incidents of zero day vulnerabilities on microsoft product that it is ridiculous to even quote them. The fixes in Linux are available way way quicker than they are for microsoft, not to mention if you are capable you can fix things yourself(I have done this many times).
    OP has made very solid parameterized argument that is what is academic argument, if you are pedantically inclined to use the work academic then probably it is not academic.
    I have never used redhat 4 to make any comment. I am not harping any negativity about Every flavour of windows and mind it this discussion was never about windows versus Linux. Window has produced few shitty OS and i quoted them in reference to why my experience is important in extrapolating their past performances. I was talking about windows 8 in its own right, no comparison to Linux.

Well fair enough, internet it is.

Rockfella likes this.