Staple non Indian diet?

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by BANHAMMER, Jun 16, 2014.

Share This Page

1. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

So folks,
    I have gone without cooking for 1-2 months straight in here. And have survived without eating Indian food for long. Mostly on sushi or other direct to heat or over or microwave food. I am trying to find recipes for stable food with good taste and good nutrient value which doesn't use Turmeric and it is not all that spicy and smelly. I mean breakfast and lunch are fairly standardised for me, but it is the dinner that needs to be sorted.
    Suggestions?

2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Make a propah' Ennglish Breakfas't perhaps.

3. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Breakfast is alright. I make killer sammich and make scrambled eggs or omelette.
    I am looking for something for dinner.
    At times I eat garlic bread with dips or salmon etc.
    I tried pasta, but I suck at pasta and/or didn't like it.

4. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

For dinner try cold mezzeh - Hommus, labneh with pita bread.

I generally prefer Labneh for it's cooling effect, + the fact that I can have olives and pickles with it.

Alternately consider baked beans (sugar free) with toast bread. If you don't have an issue with flatulence.

However the risk of packaged food is heightened by the amount of preservatives.

Alternatively, you could invest in a rice cooker (Around 2000 INR here) and make yummy khichdi or Aloo pulao with potatoes, onion, tomatoes, peas and a whole lot of other veggies that you can get frozen.

This ensures that at least some of the veggies are fresh, and this works anytime with curd or raita. Here's one made today incidentally by the missus.

WP_20140616_001.jpg

Alternately you can even make dal in a rice cooker.

BANHAMMER likes this.