Nokia X launched at 8599/-

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Mar 10, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

With a 1ghz dual core, 512 mb Ram and a 480×800 resolution screen it surely sounds entry level.

But with a highly skinned version of android 4.1.2 that removes Google store and many other unwanted Google apps, it does sound like the first true version of what android should've been.

As long as they don't pile on too many Nokia apps Now.

No flash, 3 mp camera at the moment.

Waiting for reviews on this one!

idutt likes this.
  2. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

Basically the way that Nokia is doing is, making android available in a windows phone skin with Microsoft services... !! thus want to entice people to try this and then graduate to WP8.. !

idutt likes this.
  3. JD666

I believe it's more along the lines of the Asha OS with Fastlane etc. Since M$ owns Nokia now, the idea would be to capture the premium market with WP8.

However Nokia has and always had the lower segment of the market the non to semi smartphone between 1000-7,000 Rs until other players came in to spoil that market.

I believe this is a good step to win back some of that market share and having the keyword 'Android' even though heavily modded does help with the current sales for Android phones.

ManISinJpr and idutt like this.
  4. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

512 MB on a JellyBean phone is gonna suck ..

Android is what it was supposed to be a platform for OEMs to build on .. granted Google had to guide the manufacturers when they deviated too much ( with their Nexus series of phones) .. but overall Android is what you make of it .. RasPi, Watches, Kitchen Appliances, Smarthomes, TVs ..

5. JD666

Waiting for reviews!

6. idutt

idutt RAID Rookie

as per specs phone is good for its price wish a flash could be given along with a front facing camera but that will psuh up the price.i guess more models of this platform will come with these features.next 2-3 months down the line we will see more android platfoorm based phones from nokia.one concern is battery backup & i happened to speak with an employee of nokia while i was on event duty he told me that the battery backup will be good compared to other android phones.rest we need to wait for a review from someone.hope it soon as dad did give me a hint of him changing his phone but hasn't brought up the topic again.