JD666's Weight loss blog

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by JD666, Oct 5, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

So after being inspired by MOZ' blog to document his health and weight loss, I have attempted a second weight loss program, starting from today.

I weighed in at about 80-81 kgs around April. My weight had become an issue, and I was looking at 36 waist jeans in no time. To put it into perspective, I was a waist 28-30 during my college, and ballooned from 30-34 over the last 5 years.

Flab around the waist, is not only ugly to look at, but unhealthy, and comes with a higher risk of cardiovascular issues. Years of binge eating, gorging after drinking, excessive drinking and smoking have contributed to this flab that has been accumulated.

Since April, I have made a conscious decision to eat healthy. However the process had started much earlier. My last KFC sandwich was perhaps early 2014. I have forgotten what fried chicken tastes like. Don't remember my last meal at McDonalds or any other fast food joint for that matter.

My diet was comprised of high protein food like egg, hoummus, labneh, and high fiber food to flush it all out like steamed veggies (with pepper), roasted chanas, carrots, cucumbers etc. I would indulge here and there, but nothing oily, or fried. Roasted, baked, yes.

The alcohol did go down, but instead of rum, I found new favor in beer. So eventually I switched to the lowest gluten beer around, Corona. Not only do I like the taste, it leaves enough in the tummy for a small meal afterwards.

Smoking was an issue, which was sporadic. Some days I would be finishing a whole pack, and sometime I would go cold for 10 days without one. The occasional smoke kept on happening here and there, at work, with friends, over a beer. Now I can safely say that I have smoked 3 sticks over the last two weeks, and they were over 2 beers a few days ago.

Current status - 74 Kgs - 32.5 inches waist.

Target weight - Sub 70, preferably 66-67 - 30 inches waist or lower if possible.

I don't have a fixed eating schedule in mind, just want to eat healthy and not compromise on indulging myself too much.

Day 1 - Oct 5 -

Breakfast - 80 gms Labneh (low fat), with two Arabic brown breads, olives (green stuffed), and pickled green chillies, 1 cup coffee (strong, with 1.5 tea spoons of coffee), no sugar, low fat milk.

1xSea Cod, 1x B-complex supplement, 1xLasuna (Himalaya Ayurveda - cholesterol reducer), 1xShuddha (same, cholesterol regulator) with water.

Mid Morning - 1 Banana, half Corn (steamed, with chaat masala and lemon juice, no butter).

I'm hungry, but have to stave off the craving until afternoon.

TBC
  2. JD666

Lunch - 2 cucumbers with chaat masala, half roti with beans/aloo subzi. Steamed vegetables (150 gms)
  3. JD666

Was super hungry, so had a small bowl of dal (no oil/butter), with strong coffee, cappuccino (low fat milk)
  4. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Keep it up :thumbup:
    JD666 likes this.
  5. JD666

So Day 1 ended on me having one pancake, one Fattoush Salad and a few pieces of sweet potato (steamed).

Had 2-3 spoons of frozen yogurt and tried to sleep.

Day 2 began with some sad news, Post morning routine, checked weight, and weighed in at 75.9 kgs.

Had one pancake, two arabic breads (brown) and about 60 gms of Labneh (low fat). Olives and green chillies for company. A cup of strong coffee (same as before, no sugar, low fat milk). 7 soaked almonds, peeled.
  6. JD666

Lunch was streamed sweet potatoes and beetroot (200gms) and streamed vegetables (carrot, broccoli, baby corn, asparagus etc) 150 gms. Had one full steamed corn in two parts.

5 dates, and one can of plain soda.

Dinner to be cold mezzeh with salad, hopefully.
  7. MOZ

I'd recommend controlling the corn, it is super high in carbs.
    JD666 likes this.
  8. JD666

Duly noted. Will remove.

Day 2 ended with a meal of saag and makki roti. No oil no butter, 100 gms saag and maybe 70 gms makki.

Had a banana in the late evening and two pieces of dark chocolate.

Day3 - morning weight check 73.5

Started with half a liter of water, coffee (low fat milk, no sugar), omlette of two eggs, cooked with onion, tomato, garlic and green chillies. Maybe a teaspoon of canola oil. Also added turmeric and kashmiri chilli for their beneficial properties. Two toasted brown bread slices (no sugar type).
  9. MOZ

Wow, your weight is fluctuating like crazy, is that normal?
  10. JD666

No idea, but now that you mention it, I'll keep a track. For all I know, it might be water

Day 3 afternoon - Had 2 palak paranthas with achar. Was craving something super spicy, is that normal? Like Tom yum soup normal?

Mid morning, had oats with low fat milk.
  11. JD666

Day 3 ended with two snacks, one of 2 Palak parantha and curd (low fat). Second snack was about 150 gms of sweet potato and beetroot (steamed, with loads of lemon, chaat masala and red chilli flakes).

I had a sugar free orange juice pack (200 ml), and have one can of plain soda to last me the next 7 hours. arrgh.

Onwards to Day 4
  12. JD666

Day 4 was a night shift, so started with 2 cucumber/tomato/cheese spread sandwiches and tea.

Had oats with milk mid morning (standard serving)

Evening was strong cup of coffee, 2x paranthas, about 100 gms of low fat curd.

1/2 a corn + 150 gms of sweet potato+beetroot to end it.

Now I have to manage the next 7 hours until breakfast somehow. Maybe crave off with cucumber and carrots.

weight check - 73.1
  13. MOZ

What's the progress?
  14. JD666

was unwell over the last few days. weight has come back to 75.1 :(

Today was re-start. Will check weight in the morning and update.
  15. JD666

So after the restart, weight had gone up to 76.4 kgs again. Gradually over the last three days have managed to bring it to 75.1.

Started with oats and a banana in the morning. Was craving something heavy, so satiated that with 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Some guava ( 1 full, sliced), and now munching on carrots to keep the tummy full.

The sensation of bloating (especially around my waistline) is quite annoying.