Information / News iFans unite.. Apple to launch iPhone 6 on September 9th 2014

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Aug 6, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Or hold an iPhone event for that matter. The iPhone 6 (iPhone Air? ) rumored to be the slimmest iPhone yet is surely on the radar for many Apple fans. Dunno how exciting would it be, but with the spate of ho hum launches, this would surely be something to look forward to.

Count on!

2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Samsung launching the Note 4 on 3 days before that :D :D :D

3. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

Will this decrease the price of older iPhone models to realistic figures ?

4. JD666

From what I understand, yes. The 5S has already gotten a drop in India (~40K on FlipKart). That's more in line with the price globally.

What is important to be seen is what does Apple do with the 5 and the 5C price wise. Right now the 5 doddles around in a weird zone between the 5C and the 5S.

5. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

Its still going to have one major flaw. iOS.
    Dont get me wrong, i dont hate iOS, its rather efficient to be honest. But its the same mundane iOS on the outside and its just getting too mundane now.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  6. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

40k/- is sheer daylight robbery with the likes of MotoE (7k/-), MotoG(10.5k/-) and Xiaomi MI3(14k/-) selling for much less and providing a great touch smartphone experience. Luckily I got a hands on experience of all 3 and they really seem to justify their price tag with performance. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Apple mobiles.

JD666 likes this.
  7. JD666

I tried the Moto X and I really liked it for the price. The One 64 one (Cyanogen) is a device I want to check out.

8. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

Apple has n number of fans who are just using it coz they don't know what the others are offering..
    But as for the following, they do their marketing very well..

9. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

TBH, iPhone's are just a fad. I do not find anything appealing about the iphones other than the games and the camera. The later however isnt the main strong suit any more.
    I mean why the ?#@*&%!^$~ would any one in their right minds, spend 40k INR on a stupid phone!
    You can get the same functionality for doing the exact same things on a sub 30k device.

10. JD666

Apple is over priced in India. But to be honest they do know how to provide that premium feel. Matched in Android by HTC, and probably the flagship Lumia 930.

11. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

Im actually planning on swapping my 5S for the M8 once i get back August end.

JD666 likes this.
  12. JD666

Here are some actual pictures of the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 with the iPhone 5s next to it for comparison - (Click on the image for full size, Guests need to be logged in to see them clearly)

iphone_6_1-still002.png iphone_6_1-still003.png iphone_6_1-still004.png

Also there is a video doing the rounds (Switch Caption on to English to understand what the person is saying) -

images - 9to5mac.com

13. JD666

And some more video leaks with the device in operation -

14. Monkee

Monkee RAID Rookie

It looks like the screen might be curved on the iPhone 6. Look at the way the light reflects off the phone.

Also, the reason for buying a 40k+ phone with the same/similar functionality as a sub-30k phone is the same reason as buying a BMW over a Toyota.

15. JD666

Wow, you're posting after ages. Good to hear from you mate.

I doubt they'll go the curved away, especially after the lukewarm response a curved screen got.

Do agree on the price point. Between a Galaxy and an iPhone, an iPhone feels premium just in your hands.

16. Monkee

Monkee RAID Rookie

Once in a while I do feel like responding to stuff ;)

They might, for ergonomic purposes. Some of the Nexus line phones were well received with a curved screen. But still, the way the light reflects is not straight in the center of the screen. The edges are okay, for an edge to edge glass cover.

I'm hoping the new Galaxies with the metal sides feel as/more premium as an iPhone. Not because I'm going to buy one, but because people who've relied on Samsung before definitely deserve it. For reference, I switched from a Note II to a 5s back in March.

17. JD666

Turns out you were right all along. the screen does curve around the edges to prevent ghosting.

Apparently China telecom has leaked information on the 4.7 inch device (1134x750 display), A8 Quad core, 1 GB Ram, Waterproof and dust Proof etc etc. :D

18. JD666

So now that all the specs are out for everyone to see, here's a size comparison -

iphone 6 vs Samsung.jpg

If you are comfortable using a S3, the iPhone 6' dimensions should be a breeze, considering that it's slimmer and less wider.

I think I'll stick with the 5S for now. I love the way the 6 looks, but the size is a factor that's not worth dropping 50k on.